Amazon PPC Strategy
Solutions & ROAS Optimization
- Review entire account conversion history
- Pause non-converting keywords and add non-converting search terms to negative keyword list
- Add newly targeted keywords based on keyword research and search terms that have converted
- Adjust bidding strategies per campaign, including moving from automatic campaigns to manual campaigns where best fitting
- After switching to manual bidding, made bidding adjustments at the individual keyword level so that cost per click would align with cost per conversion goals
- Test the campaigns in their newly optimized format
- Report on results
Using this methodology, Brandography was able to achieve substantial drops in ACOS and CPC while maintaining sales. Note - No branded keywords were used in the targeted keywords. Further, this company competes in the supplements space—one of the most competitive arenas on Amazon.
Example 1 - “Glutamine”
Below is one example of the many campaigns listed within the company’s account. ACOS was over 86% and the CPC was at $3.76 as of November 1, 2019.
Following Brandography’s optimization, by January 1, 2020, we brought the ACOS down to just over 20%—cutting it by more than 4 times—and decreased the CPC by about a third to $1.18.
Example 2 - “Potassium”
This campaign had an ACOS of over 73% and an average CPC of $3.35 when Brandography inherited this campaign.
Within 1 month, Brandography dropped the ACOS to just over 12% and the CPC went down to $0.67.
Amazon Business Strategy
As part of your ongoing campaign, our team will actively monitor product performance to ensure a stronger ROI. We'll help you develop strategic messaging for your campaigns that align with your brand voice and help engage shoppers to make a final purchase at checkout.
Throughout the campaign optimization process, Brandography monitored the best performing products and also made note of CPC price changes and competition. Doing so helped the company determine what products should be listed on Amazon using PPC dollars, which ones would result in poor ACOS and what products could be better pushed using alternative marketing channels.
Our comprehensive approach takes all facets of digital marketing into consideration and works in the best interest of the client.
The company’s overall campaign ACOS decreased from an average of 70-80% per a campaign to 25-35%. The company started turning profits, has regained confidence in the Amazon platform, and has since moved into building out even more products on the platform.
Brandography continues to work with this client and continues to expand its presence in Amazon PPC marketing and SEO.