Content is King. This much we know. But today the Internet has become so loaded with blogs, articles, comments, and posts that the kings crown is beginning to lose its luster.
A more accurate phrase is Compelling Content is King. Finding unique ways to cut through the clutter with content that is relevant, engaging, and informative is a battle that website copywriters will fight forever.
Bolster your web writing arsenal with this brief crash course in web content writing:
- Become the Reader: Before you write one word, think, Why would anyone want to read this? Make sure you’re writing for the reader and not for the heck of it.
- Realize it’s Not about You: Build your entire message around the reader. They don’t want to hear about you as much as they want to hear what you can do for them.
- Open with Your Best: On average, people will only read 20% of a pages text, so entice readers to keep going with an exciting headline and first paragraph.
- Simplicity is Beauticity: Once readers are hooked, dont lose them with big words and technical jargon. Keep paragraphs short and use lists when appropriate to make your copy fun and easy to read.
- Develop a Unique Tone: Come up with four adjectives that describe your brand and use them to guide your writing. For example, Brandographys adjectives are: Professional, Fun, Credible, and Light-Hearted.
- Be Original: Youre an expert on your subject, so why rewrite the same stuff thats on other sites? Bring new ideas or opinions to the table every chance you can.
- Dont Forget Search Engine Optimization: Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to have amazing content and SEO. Always stick to best practices and sprinkle strong keywords into your copy.
One Last Tip
Always, ALWAYS double check your work! A spelling error or awkward comma is a fast way to lose credibility. Be sure to have a few sets of eyes proofread everything before posting.
Brandographys team of website copywriters are ready to help you with professional website content development. Contact us for web content writing services, blogging tips, and assistance with SEO copywriting.